UKC

Any advance on three?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rif 24 Dec 2012
Here's a xmas timefiller inspired by a recent topic here in the 'Alpine' forum. Someone thought a question about Route Major on Mt Blanc was about a different Route Major in the Cairngorms. There's actually at least one more Route Major, on the Little Brenva Face of Ben Nevis.

So, any advance on three separate mountain routes with the same copycat name? Generic topographic names like East Ridge, Central Buttress, Left-hand Route don't count. Bonus points if you've climbed them all (as I have with the three Route Majors), nul points if you haven't climbed any of them (in my case the three Supercouloirs that I can think of: on Fitzroy in Patagonia, Mt B du Tacul in the Alps, Deltaform in the Canadian Rockies).
 dasc 24 Dec 2012
In reply to rif: Ptarmigan Ridge-Mt.Raineer
Ptarmigan Ridge- Ben Lomond
Ptarmigan Ridge - Mt. Baker
Tarmachan Ridge-Killin
Haven't done any ,3 are on the "to do list",suspect only 2 will be done!
 jon 24 Dec 2012
In reply to rif:

Not an advance on three, but I've done two Gervasutti pillars.
 walts4 24 Dec 2012
In reply to rif:

Slight technical difference, but central pillar of frenzy & central pillar of Freney!

Only the two mind you, so no advance on the three.
 jon 24 Dec 2012
In reply to walts4:

Seven Cenotaph Corners in the database...
 AdrianC 24 Dec 2012
In reply to rif: Been up three different Ben Lomonds. Thinking about it I've run up them all.
 Doghouse 24 Dec 2012
In reply to rif:

Not sure how many but I wouldn't be surprised if 'Raeburns's Route' doesn't run into dozens!
 Damo 24 Dec 2012
In reply to rif:

No, but...

Whymper Spur - Shackleton Range, Antarctica
Whymper Spur - Mt Elie de Beaumont, NZ
Whymper Spur - Grandes Jorasses, Fr/It
 MG 25 Dec 2012
In reply to Damo: It always feels like there are loads of Raeburn's gullies
 Tom Last 25 Dec 2012
In reply to rif:

Sure there's a few example of Kirkus Route
 jcw 25 Dec 2012
In reply to rif: Do you allow Yellows? I have done Yellow Edge/Spigolo Giallo (Tre Cime and Avon), Yellow Spur (Eldorado) , Yellow Peril (Clashrodney), Yellow Groove (the Pass), while there must be innumerable routes called Yellow Wall (Pass, Barrier Mountain, Tryfan? and there is the Gogarth one). These last might well count as generics along with other colours, but it would be amusing to see how many other additions and Yellow variants people might come up with.
 JdotP 25 Dec 2012
In reply to rif:

Geal Charn...
OP rif 26 Dec 2012
In reply to rif:
seeking info here... are there more Japanese Couloirs than the two I can think of (Denali, Everest)? Does the Devil have more than two climbs (Arete du Diable, Mt B du Tacul, France; Teufelsgrat, Taschhorn, CH)?
 Damo 26 Dec 2012
 Damo 26 Dec 2012
In reply to rif:

Japanese Couloir, Gasherbrum 1. http://g1.itb.net.au/12-july-japanese-couloir
 Andes 26 Dec 2012
In reply to rif:
Done.
Grey Mares Tail, Moffat Hills,
Grey Mares Tail, Galloway
Dream of Grey Mares, Craig-an-Eilte,

All within one hours drive of my house.... if only it would freeze again!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...