UKC

Gaiters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KellyKettle 27 Dec 2012
I've been using yeti gaiters for ages now, and they work well enough that I never really think about them... but, given that I'm wearing Buffalo gear most of the time, and softshell almost always, it seems a nonsense to put gortex over that and negate the breathablity of my clothing from the knee down.

So I'm looking for recommendations for short or shortish gaiters to seal the gap between my boots and trousers from snow and at least resist the ingress of water.

I've been looking at the Glacier Gaiter from Berghaus, but I'm not totally sure that would extend far enough to even reach the top of my cumbre's and might not have the wiggle room needed to stop my trouser legs slipping out. The BD Talus looks a bit better position wise, but doesn't seem to secure to the boot particular firmly.
 Sharp 28 Dec 2012
In reply to KellyKettle: I've been using highlander short gaiters this year and they've been awsome. They're huge so fit right to the bottom of winter boots (which many gaiters dont), they're velcro which at first I doubted for winter but has worked well, tuck my internal gaiters into the bottom of them and never had them come out. Plus they were dirt cheap.
 BenTiffin 28 Dec 2012
In reply to KellyKettle: I also have short gaiters - made my Black Diamond in my case and wouldn't dream of anything else. They are made from nylon but only come part way up my calves so breathability ain't an issue.

Ben
 duchessofmalfi 28 Dec 2012
The elastic has gone in my gaiters and they fall down my calves I suspect this achieves what you're after!
OP KellyKettle 28 Dec 2012
In reply to duchessofmalfi:
> The elastic has gone in my gaiters and they fall down my calves I suspect this achieves what you're after!

Not exactly, but that is one possible solution...

I think the Highlanders look like what I'm after... If it works well I might have to cut my yeti-gaiters down, hopefully not devastating yet another sewing machine in the process.

Thanks for the input!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...