UKC

34 minute video of hard rock climbing in Northern Ireland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon 30 Dec 2012
In reply to auld al:

Some fantastic looking routes for sure. Just a shame that the climbing sequences are speeded up or even cut and yet inner city scenes and animals get what seems almost an equal share of video time. OK, I understand it somewhat sets the Northern Ireland scene, and it isn't really an equal share... but I'd much rather see someone fiddling a nut in or resting than watching all the rather irrelevant padding. I'd relly like to see some uncut film of those routes.
OP auld al 30 Dec 2012
In reply to jon: I kind of agree with you
 Fraser 31 Dec 2012
In reply to auld al:

Excellent, cheers for that. It's always entertaining and absorbing viewing watching those guys climb. I particularly liked 'The Dark Side' section - such fluid movement.
 Keendan 31 Dec 2012
In reply to jon:

It was worth the extra bits for the climbing, wow!

Each one of those routes is worthy of a UKC feature.

Very ballsy climbers.
 Wft 31 Dec 2012
In reply to auld al:

Great video, well done. Absolutely mega looking routes.
 jon 31 Dec 2012
In reply to Daniel Heath:

Yes, I thought the climbing was brilliant too... but it's the constantly speeded up bits, and the cut out bits (don't know how else to describe it - where the climbers magically appears two or three moves higher) that simply spoil it. Is it just la mode that dictates that we can't see a complete ascent - as you say each route is worthy of a feature of its own. Somehow it seemed that the climbing (fabulous as it was) was almost secondary to the the gimics and padding.
OP auld al 31 Dec 2012
In reply to GuyVG:
> (In reply to auld al)
>
> Great video, well done. Absolutely mega looking routes.

Thanks, but it was nothing to do with me, I just seen the video and thought I would post the link.
 mikehike 31 Dec 2012
In reply to auld al:
Very entertaining thanks for sharing.
Enjoyed it.

Some impressive bold climbing but couldn't help thinking Helmet!
 Andy Moles 03 Jan 2013
In reply to jon:

I liked the gimmicks and padding, thought they made it a fun and entertaining wee film.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...