UKC

OMM

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
adam smith 31 Dec 2012
Hi need a partner for the OMM this year. Currently fit and able but lacking a partner who is likewise!
Interested?
Live in north Dorset and happy to train together to see if you are really annoying or not! (And likewise )
 Wonrek 31 Dec 2012
In reply to adam smith: When is it? Had a look at their white but the dates didn't jump out at me?
adam smith 31 Dec 2012
Entry is February, the OMM in October 26/27 google it and let me know if you'd be interested!

Adam
 Wonrek 31 Dec 2012
In reply to adam smith: Definitely interested, I've wanted to do this for years but think I've got the experience and fitness to have a reasonable crack at it now.

However I'd be a total novice to the event, saying that I've got more than my fair share of hill and trail experience and by then I'll have completed the Lakeland 50 (or I'll still be wandering near Keswick totally lost)

Which class would you be aiming at?

adam smith 31 Dec 2012
In reply to adam smith: I am interested in just having a go, so something like;

C class 45 km 9 hrs
D class 40 km 8 hrs

Medium Score 6+5hrs
Short Score 5+4hrs

happy to see what you think.
adam smith 01 Jan 2013
In reply to adam smith: bump
 Wonrek 01 Jan 2013
In reply to adam smith: Definitely interested but I've never fully understood the gradings, running 45k doesn't phase me, it's just over marathon distance.

Silly question.... Is it 45k each day or over the two and what pace would you be averaging?
ceri 01 Jan 2013
In reply to Wonrek: It is 45km over 2 days. Think less "can i run 45k" rather more "can i run /walk 45k straight up and down mountains, off paths, through bogs and tussocks and rock gardens". It may be foggy, raining etc. and you are searching for a little orange flag on an open moor, so spending time navigating. That explains why the speed isn't quite what you'd expect for running.
All good fun though
 Simon Caldwell 02 Jan 2013
In reply to adam smith:

Those are straight-line distances (so may be further in practice) and winning times.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...