/ Clwyd bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Al Doig - on 02 Jan 2013
Has anyone any suggestions for a bouldering venue that might be dry on Saturday in the Clwyd area. Somewhere with problems between 6c and 7b would be good - not that I'm expecting a great deal!
Cheers
Al
Luke Owens - on 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Al Doig:
Pantymwyn (Devil's Gorge) should dry out if it stays dry until Saturday (Looks as if it might). Grades from 6C - 8A.

Most places do tend to seep in the Clwyd.

The Monument Boulders in the Eglwyseg will be dry but the grades arn't as hard as you're looking for.

There's also a good bouldering wall at Ruthin Escarpment called Butterfly Butress. It was developed recently. Should be dry too. Topo:

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=550
Al Doig - on 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Luke Owens: Thanks for that Luke. It says to contact the landowner when visiting Butterfly Buttress does this still stand?
In reply to Al Doig:

I haven't contacted the Landowner when i've been and I don't know anyone who does. Just make sure you park on the main road and walk to the crag (It's a 5 - 10 minute walk) as people have been known to park outside drive way's nearer the crag on a residents only road and this could effect access.

Also beware if you have a dog, one of the houses you pass when walking in (possibly the landowner) has 2 pretty nasty dogs which jumped over the wall at my friends dog once when we were there!

doylo - on 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Al Doig:

Butterfly Buttress is great but would it really be dry??
In reply to doylo:

I think it will be if it stays dry until Saturday. It's been pretty windy lately too.
greg_may_ - on 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Luke Owens:

That's just down the road from where I've moved to! Might pop along and take a peak. Pads are still in Ireland though :(
In reply to greg_may_:

Let us know if it's dry if you could please Greg!

Pads are a must there though, problems end quite high on the wall (One of the 7B's tops out). The landing is poor under the Fritillary Flake links.
Al Doig - on 02 Jan 2013
In reply to greg_may_: If you are down there before Saturday I would be grateful if you could post what state the crag is in.
Cheers
greg_may_ - on 03 Jan 2013
In reply to Al Doig:

I'll try and pop up tomorrow, was dry here most of the day so should be ok.
ads.ukclimbing.com
greg_may_ - on 05 Jan 2013
In reply to greg_may_:

Sorry, didn't manage to get out, friends turned up to house unexpected with food...was rude to turn them away!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.