UKC

Climbing shop in Aberdeen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 02 Jan 2013
Being a Norwegian that frequently visit Aberdeen, I thought I might make use of the opportunity to buy some cheap gear (compared to Norway) this winter. I'm looking for a shop that stocks a good selection of winter gear as well as general climbing equipment.

Anybody got any tips?
 koolkat 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Removed User:
cotswold , craigdon , tisos
all aberdeen based
 Cameron94 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Removed User: Yeah what they said basically.
Tiso, cotswold, craigdon mountain sports and nevisport.
Removed User 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Cameron94:

It's my impression that all of the above are more generic retailers, that don't stock a full range of gear...

Are anyone of the above better than the others? I've been to Cotswold in Aberdeen and was not impressed.
Slugain Howff 02 Jan 2013

Go online. Sorry, but the staff in the Aberdeen shops will suck the life out of you.

s
 StuMsg 03 Jan 2013
They are all general outdoor stores and none of them have a full range of climbing equipment and they all tend to stock the same stuff.
I like Tiso best, they don't keep it behind the counter like the other stores so you can play with whatever you want without have continually ask staff to pass it over.
 Cameron94 03 Jan 2013
In reply to Removed User: Nevisport I would avoid like the plague! The range is small and the knowledge of the staff is even smaller.
When I lived in Aberdeenshire I used to buy stuff between the three; tiso, cotswold and cms. You can usually find what you're after despite none of them being a climbing specific store.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...