UKC

alpine summer non climbing holiday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark s 02 Jan 2013
we are thinking of a trip in the summer to the alps
not sure on which area we would be best basing ourselves in.
been scanning the net and zermatt looks suitable.
we looking for the typical alpine village and valleys with mountains that are ski lift visitable.
any recommendations appreciated
 Harry Ellis 02 Jan 2013
In reply to mark s: zermatt is awesome but dear.
If its walking you want, i would recommend the bernese oberland. There is some stunning mountain walking there both with and withoout uplift.
I need to go back soon
I love lauterbrunnen particularly. For me it is like the yosemite of europe, so amazing it hurts.
 Simon4 02 Jan 2013
In reply to mark s: The Engandine area is lovely for walking, also tends to have better weather being so far East. A great deal of high-level walking can be done in trainers as well, which is great.

If the cost does become unsuportable, you can slip over the border to walk on the Italian side!
altirando 03 Jan 2013
In reply to mark s: If you want cablecar assistance, it has to be the Dolomites surely? So many of them to whisk you up to the heights.
 scottie390 03 Jan 2013
In reply to mark s: alpine summer NON climbing holiday? ...i dont understand this at all. I know what the words individually mean but used like that in that order in a sentence ...baffles me mate.

....cant get my head round that
woods 03 Jan 2013
In reply to scottie390: Kids may have something to do with it!
In reply to mark s:

We had a great family holiday in Annecy. Swim in the lake, loads of campsites, day trips into the surrounding hills, some via ferrata and ski resort with lifts close by. Great way to enjoy some mountain scenery and have a laugh.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...