UKC

Good shoes for long narrow footed women

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 amyiveco 02 Jan 2013
Hello I'm struggling to find a shoe past beginner level that fits.

I wear a size 9+ trainer or somewhere between 7 and 8.5 in a climbing shoe depending on the make, so all the women's climbing shoes I've tried are too short in the length, however all the men's shoes I've tried are too wide or high in the toe.

Shoes that lace to the toe are generally better and the anastazzi blanco is the one that's come the closest, but it's just too aggressive in the heel for me.

I really believe that climbing shoes shouldn't have to send shooting pains up to your knees to stick to the rock!

Anyone got any recommendations?
 SCC 03 Jan 2013
In reply to amyiveco:

Try Sportiva Mythos. They are avaialble in a womens specific model, but I've not seen thos in the UK.

HTH.
Si
 neuromancer 03 Jan 2013
In reply to amyiveco:

Evolv Rockstar without a shadow of a doubt.

GF has long spindly feet, she never wants another pair. It's roughly equal to the Evolv Bandit but I think a bit more sensitive. A half size down from street seems to work well.
 neuromancer 03 Jan 2013
In reply to neuromancer:

Fwiw she wears half a size down from her street and finds it reasonably tight.
 Jenny C 03 Jan 2013
In reply to amyiveco:

The obvious answer is to look at womens specific models as these are generally narrower and lower volume than mens. Your problem though might be that with size 9 feet manufacturers don't make (or shops don't stock) womens models that large.

Generally lace-up models are more forgiving for wide/narrow feet, especially if the laces go right down to the base of the toes. Really then the only really good advice is to try on lots of different models and see which gives the best fit.

As you say rockshoes don't need to be painfull, and if you can find a shoe which is the right shape for your foot you can fit it surprisingly tight/snug without discomfort.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...