UKC

vango banshee 200 tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
redsonja 03 Jan 2013
im thinking of buying a vango banshee 200 tent. i read they are a bit tight for 2 people but we are both quite skinny! want something lightweight but robust. i would appreciate anyones views on this tent
 Axel Smeets 03 Jan 2013
In reply to heidi123:

I have the Banshee 300 and it's not exactly luxurious for two people, so I can imagine to 200 being rather cosy. Mind you, our lass has got bigger over the years. Maybe that's the root of the problem.
In reply to heidi123: Its OK for two if you don't mind being 'friendly'. I'm 6' 3" and its only just long enough (i.e. I touch both ends of the inner). Great tent for the price/weight ratio!
redsonja 03 Jan 2013
In reply to heidi123: im only 5' so the length will be ok. we dont mind being a bit squashed! is there room for your gear or do you leave it outside? thanks for your help
 Nick_Scots 03 Jan 2013
In reply to heidi123: Our DofE group use them and they have to put there rucksacs in survival bags outside at night, there is no real porch, only enough for boots. But they are very light.
 Niall_H 03 Jan 2013
In reply to heidi123:
I'd agree with both WWFFjnr and Scott_vzr - the Banshee 200 is good for one person and their gear, or two close friends who can stash their rucksacks elsewhere - the porch isn't really wide enough for storing more than your shoes in.
 peas65 03 Jan 2013
In reply to heidi123:

We use them for d of e and they are small, have a tendency to sag in the middle, have no real porch space and water can get in when you fully open the door.

Having said that they can be found very cheap and are pretty waterproof.

Depends what you want it for, if its 1 night trips camping in valleys its probably fine. If multiday backpacking or camping high up i dont think it is a good option as it would be a squash and unstable in high winds.

You can get some excellent priced second hand tents such as the voyager on ebay and thats what i would do.

If you get a banshee i think you would find it restrictive and soon want to buy a different model.
 Pritchard 04 Jan 2013
In reply to peas65:

Our DofE lot has some of these too, not practical enough I don't think, like others have said, fine for the odd night but soon gets old.

Our main use tent is the Vango Spirit 200+, which is comfy and has an enormous porch for gear.

Craig.
 Dauphin 04 Jan 2013
In reply to heidi123:

Cheap & shite unless you are camping out in your mams backgarden.
Unfortunately lightweight & robust doesn't come cheap. If it's just an overnighter or two no bother. But as others have mentioned you will probably want to spend some more money on something better after a few nights in it.
D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...