UKC

Free winter skills instruction in Scotland 6th-11th January

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hello,

I am taking my winter mountain leader assessment on the 14th January. In the meantime I am between Aviemore and Fort William preparing and taking people out teaching them winter skills.

At present I'm looking for a few more people for free winter skills instruction between the 6th and 11th January.

This would ideally be suited to people who have some summer hill walking experience but maybe feel that they would like a good grounding in the basic of winter hill walking. Skills would include aspects such as: ice axe arrest, crampon technique, avalanche awareness, emergency snow hole construction among other things.

I am happy to give both general instruction in all the areas mentioned above as well as tailor
the day according to the aspect which you may be interested in.

I am happy to travel a bit and see different areas but since there isn't a huge amount of snow at the moment areas like the Cairngorms and Nevis region may be best.

If you would like any more information or would like to arrange a day out on the hill learning some new skills please don't hesitate to get in contact on 07826 525 394.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Caspar

In reply to Caspar McKeever: Equally, if you have an assessment coming up this winter and want someone else to go out with and go through a few things get in contact. Cheers, Caspar
 craig1983 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Caspar McKeever:

Hi Caspar,
Would you be doing anything on the 12th or 13th? Weekdays don't really suit for me unfortunately, and I'm away climbing this weekend.
Cheers,
Craig.
In reply to craig1983: Hi Craig, sorry about the delay in response. Dont have the internet all the time. Unfortunately Im busy with a winter skills course over the weekend, sorry. Cheers, Caspar
In reply to Caspar McKeever: In the meantime Wednesday and Thursday are taken. If anyone would like any of the other dates get in contact on the number provided above. Thanks, Caspar
In reply to Caspar McKeever: Friday also sorted now, thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...