Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Hearing Aid advice - what's out there and what actually works?

ksjs - on 04 Jan 2013
I'm posting on behalf of a relative who has significant hearing loss in one ear. He has used an NHS type hearing aid since getting a hearing aid but, with the hearing loss increasing recently, decided to look at alternatives.

Following a visit to Hidden Hearing he is currently trying out the Oticon K210 Rite [P] hearing aid. So far however this hasn't brought any real improvement versus the NHS hearing aid.

I understand the main problem is in crowd settings where it seems that all sounds are getting amplified and voices for example, on TV or amongst friends, merge into the general sounds.

I think there may be a degree of acceptance / resignation going here i.e. there's really not much that can be done. I can't believe however that there aren't more than 2 options (NHS issue and Hidden Hearing's recommendation) out there to try.

So, if anyone can suggest other hearing aid types that may be worth looking into and where to get these, it would be much appreciated.

If it helps, I believe the hearing loss is conductive but I will check.
... not showing 23 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums