Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Is this a decent new years training routine?

colin8ll on 04 Jan 2013
Hi all,

I'm trying to devise a New Years training plan to get generally fit and strong (so not specifically for climbing). I've managed to train in the past for a couple of months at a time to achieve climbing goals but then I seem to loose motivation, get a wee bug or something and the training slips. So I'm trying to come up with a training plan that will have enough variety to keep me interested for longer.

The plan is to work on a different area of the body each day

Day 1 = finger strength
Day 2 = core
Day 3 = upper body
Day 4 = legs
Day 5 = deep stretching session

And for each day I plan to devise a couple of different routines to keep things interesting.

My question is will this plan lead to improvements in each area? i.e. if I only work specifically on finger strength once every five days am I likely to see improvements or do I need to work on it more frequently? This being the case I could devise routines with exercises that work each muscle group more frequently.

Any thoughts and advise would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Colin
... not showing 22 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums