UKC

camper/motor home hire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Flat4matt 05 Jan 2013
Me and the girlfriend are thinking of going up the scotland west coast and we fancy it in a camper or motor home. Ideally we'd want a motor home rather than camper purely for comfort reasons but open to offers/suggestions.
We'd be wanting to go monday to friday in may/june time i think. Does anyone reccomend any companies ideally based in scotland?
PMs welcomed.
Cheers
Matt
Jim C 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Flat4matt: my neighbour has one, better than one I hired from a big company, but you are looking peak season so wherever you go book it soon.
You could pick it up 20 mins from Glasgow airport, contact me if you want his website details.

Just be aware that the bigger more comfy vans limit the roads that you can use, and the ferries of course. I started on Skye (as I live near Loch Lemond the fort etc.) and worked my way to Plockton Applecross .........
 Graeme Barr 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Flat4matt: Big tree camper vans. Actively climb and sponsor climbing events too!
 Tom Valentine 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Flat4matt:

Jerba Campervans of North Berwick hire out vans as well as convert them. Don't think they go much bigger than a Transporter, though.
 andy 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Flat4matt: http://www.bigtreecampervans.com/about_us

Think someone's already mentioned them - Simon's a mate of mine, climber and all round good egg.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...