Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Which uni to choose?

climb the peak - on 05 Jan 2013
Right so, I recently applied to study civil engineering at university. I applied to, amongst other places sheffield and cambridge. I applied to cambridge not expecting to get a place, but got a letter this morning saying I'd been accepted. I've already got an offer from sheffield. I now need to decide which one to go to.

There are lots of reasons why I'm undecided. Obviously cambridge has the prestige, but it also seems like an awful lot of hard work and I don't really like the city.
Sheffield on the other hand has not so good a reputation, but it's right next the peak district, has amazing night-life and appears to be way more chilled out.
I guess sheffield to me, represents having loads of fun and not really caring that much about my eventual career and cambridge represents spending my whole life in a library with the sole purpose of earning more money and getting a slightly better degree.

This is four years of my life and It'll probably affect a lot more afterwards. I'm just not sure what to do.

What would you do if you where in a similar position. And are there any civil engineers out there who have views on this, such as are cambridge graduates really more employable.
... not showing 74 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums