Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - 50-60L rucksack for a fussy woman...

Ali - on 05 Jan 2013
Having spent a very frustrating few hours today trying on loads of different rucksacks, I thought I would turn to the wisdom of UKC...

I'm possibly looking for a largish, fairly lightweight rucksack - ideally around 50-55L with 10L expansion, no bigger. I tend to prefer a fairly slim style, but that may just be down to the sacks I've tried on. I already have a Macpac Pursuit (50L) which I love, but unfortunately I can't quite fit all my stuff in for a 3 week trip - and it's design means once packed its hard to get stuff out. So I need something bigger, but not much bigger.

Problem seems to be that the mens sacks (which I tend to prefer the design of) have backs which are too long for me, but women's sacks are uncomfortable (heavily passed waistbelts don't work for me as they ride up above my hips) and manufacturers seem to add an extra half kilo of weight on!

Anyone got any suggestions of bags I may be able to find in London to try on (I say this because most of the bags I'd researched weren't available in the shops I looked in!)?? Generally prefer a fairly simple design, but not too fussed - fit is most important.
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums