UKC

Shipping gear to Thailand

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neil9216 06 Jan 2013
Hi
I,m currently in India, we fly to Thailand in 5 weeks.
We plan on spending time in the North (Chang Mai) then head south for a few weeks to Krabi.
We hope to climb as much as possible and I,m trying to weigh up the cost involved in Shipping my gear out there against just hiring it when we get there.

Has any one shipped gear to Thailand, My main concerns are,where should I send the stuff to and will the stuff still be there when I arrive.
And obviously the cost.

I,m not sure exactly how much it will cost to rent gear, Any one been there lately.

Any info or advice will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Neil
OP neil9216 07 Jan 2013
In reply to neil9216:
Bump
 deanr 07 Jan 2013
In reply to neil9216: I think you can use a service like Aramex (www.aramex.com) who offer a kind of post box service for you where you pick it up form their depot.
Gareth Edwards 07 Jan 2013
In reply to neil9216:

Maybe contact Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventures? - they may be able to give some ideas.

http://www.thailandclimbing.com/
 Cheese Monkey 07 Jan 2013
In reply to neil9216: I sent stuff to Malaysia when I was out there through DHL and collected it from their office. Good service! However I would just hire gear in Chiang Mai, it will be significantly cheaper I would imagine
 Rich2002 10 Jan 2013
In reply to neil9216: JUst got back from spending Xmas in Tonsai, what a place had a great time. As for Kit hire ropes cost 400 baht a day (200 for half) so about 8 quid ish. We had the rest of our kit so unsure of the cost of quickdraws etc but I would suggest taking as much as you can otherwise the cost will add up if you climb most days. Also I recomend staying in the Anderman Nature resort if there is space. Good value for money, nice staff and good food.

You will have a great time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...