UKC

who telemarks around inverness?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 French Erick 06 Jan 2013
I now have a renewed interest in sliding (thanks Dave!).
I have sacked all other forms of riding due to time and money restraints,but mainly a deep love of free heeling.
Would be great to ride with other telemarkers as I will from now on look at improving - as opposed to just go out with Dave.
See other riders, share technical tips, be inspired and all that.

Oh, I should say that I have no interest in giving my pennies to any ski resorts unless it is coe or nevis in "real" nice conditions. So skinning mostly.
 Doug 06 Jan 2013
In reply to French Erick: There used to be a fairly active Inverness Nordic ski club when lived in Strathspey, not sure if they are still there but worth a look
 James Gordon 06 Jan 2013
In reply to Doug: Hi Erik, sorry we didn't get out over the new year. I'm a big tele fan and if the snow ever comes back ill definitely be up for a tour. Ill be in touch!
 telemarker 06 Jan 2013
In reply to French Erick:

Hey, currently living in Aberdeen now but normally back across in the Cairngorms regularly when there is good conditions. Alternatively happy to meet around the lecht/Glenshee if your interested. Ski's are temporarily out of action but should be sorted soon. Getting back into touring this year so looking to get out a bit more myself.

Drop me a PM if your interested.

Stewart
 Pinch'a'salt 06 Jan 2013

Drop Saor Alba on these forums a pm - he has been known to drop a knee every now & then..
OP French Erick 12 Jan 2013
Now blessed with brand new kit: skis, bindings and boots.
Lost my number one excuse!

I should have also said, that Dave skis and I'm likely to be in his company.
He's alright at side stepping, he has been known to utter intelligible words occasionally, he is not too smelly and he looks somewhat awesome in powerstrech trews.

Now if this has not put you off you are truly keen to meet and do tele-turns in my/our company!
 DaveHK 12 Jan 2013
> (In reply to French Erick)
> > > He's alright at side stepping,

I could represent Britain at side stepping.
 GraB 14 Jan 2013
In reply to DaveHK:
Dave, Erick and James,
Get in touch if you're heading out for a day of shuffling. Would be keen to meet up.
OP French Erick 15 Jan 2013
In reply to GraB:
Not a problem. Have we met on the way up to Beinn Eighe a few years back? If you're who I think you are, you climbed fight or flight.
 GraB 15 Jan 2013
Yes, the same. Wont make it out this weekend (in Zinal), but could get out the following one (26th/27th) if there's any winter left by then.

Cheers,
Graham
In reply to French Erick: If any of you telemarkers are looking for new boots, my partner's selling his. They are Black Diamond Push Telemark Ski Boots Mondo 27 in excellent condition - only worn for two days. Minor cosmetic marks consistent with 2 days use.
Can send details if interested.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...