Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - DIY Down Clothing

pec on 06 Jan 2013
I have an old down duvet jacket, unfortunately the stitching on the baffles has unthreaded over the years causing the down to migrate South so when I wear it I get a really hot stomach and forearms whilst my chest and shoulders shiver beneath 2 thin sheets of nylon. It also became embarrassingly filthy in a way that a true old school climbing bum could be really proud of.

As a consequence I haven't worn it for a few years and so with nothing to lose, I've decided to resurrect it.
I've unpicked some of the stitching and successfully sucked out all the down with a hoover. I've also washed the shell and intend to restitch it and put the down back in.

I'm quite handy with a sewing machine so I've no worries about that but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting the down back in without my house looking like a chicken coop after a fox got in.

I await your suggestions!
... not showing 16 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums