UKC

rab vapour rise guide pant braces

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Danbow73 07 Jan 2013
Just bought a pair of these and want to get some braces for them, i've looked at the ME ones but i don't think they will fit too well because of the design of the trousers. Any ideas?
 SCC 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Danbow73:
Snow boarding braces?

Mr Fuller 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Danbow73: How do you find these trousers by the way? Have you used them in Scottish winter?
 GridNorth 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Mr Fuller: I was disappointed. I used mine in Norway and the Alps last year and seemed to develop cold spots where the material absorbed water from the ice. I don't think that they are as water resistant as previous soft shell trousers that I have owned like Mammut. In fact this year I have just bought a pair of the Simond ones from Decathlon which look a little better but not yet tried in anger.
 Mr Fuller 07 Jan 2013
In reply to GridNorth: Thanks. Yes, that's what I feared. I use Windstopper trousers, and though on paper the fabric is pretty naff, it's high water resistance is a huge bonus if climbing ice or snowy stuff and I very rarely have to dig the overtrousers out. They're probably great for extreme cold where snowmelt isn't a problem, but not great for European ice or Scotland.
 GridNorth 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Mr Fuller: What I do like about them is the cut and the fit. They are also a little warmer but I would not recommend them for ice climbing.
OP Danbow73 07 Jan 2013
I have literally just got a pair, but however the jacket is awesome and i've had none of the issues mentioned with that. Guess it comes down to personal preference, i've heard a lot of good things about the VR Guides. I'm going to scotland on the 2nd feb and plan to use them all week so i'll let you know how they perform.
 Graeme Barr 07 Jan 2013
In reply to GridNorth: Used them this season for climbing in Scotland and the Alps. Nice and warm and can handle drippy icefalls no probs.
OP Danbow73 08 Jan 2013
In reply to GridNorth:
they look great but do you know where I can get them? everywhere seems to be sold out :/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...