UKC

Time wasting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I was at the Glasgow climbing wall yesterday and it was quite busy. A pair next to us tied onto a rope and then proceeded to blether for about 10 minutes before climbing. We did 3 climbs before they started. Several people came and looked at their climb but went away. If you tie on then get moving please.
 Nick_Scots 07 Jan 2013
In reply to keith-ratcliffe: Go to RATHO, more choice, more chances......
 PaulTanton 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Scott_vzr:
This has happened to me at Chee Tor. The person in question spent all day with the first bit of gear on Mortlocks clipped. I asked several times if they intended to do the route.
About 6PM they pulled their ropes, but I'd done about 10 routes and was too knackered to try it then.

The best thing was the leader in question asked if they could get a top rope on a route we were doing.

Guess the answer
 Fraser 07 Jan 2013
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

I usually just go up and ask them if they're climbing this particular route - that generally prompts them to start climbing. If not, I'll ask them again in 30 seconds.
 staceyjg 08 Jan 2013
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

I had that at my local wall, Bear Rock, I asked the 2 guys if they were going to be long as they were the last routes of the day that I fancied doing, they said they were going to be a while as they were doing all 3 routes on that wall. They then took about half an hour doing the routes and chatting inbetween each route instead of getting on with it.

When they finished I went over and they said "watch that 5+ it's very tricky" at which point I did all 3 routes in less than 5 minutes!!

I agree, if you are going to tie on, get on with it!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...