UKC

9/10 to Natwest Bank

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 08 Jan 2013
They've just compensated me £35 for a £10 'phone call I had to make to get my card unblocked.

Genuinely well done.
 rallymania 08 Jan 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

which i guess begs the question....

what do they need to do to get the other 1 outta 10?

graeme jackson 08 Jan 2013
In reply to rallymania:
> what do they need to do to get the other 1 outta 10?
>

Oral.
 Skyfall 08 Jan 2013
In reply to rallymania:

not block it in the 1at place? the compensation suggests they are admitting some fault...
 Philip 08 Jan 2013
In reply to mypyrex:
> They've just compensated me £35 for a £10 'phone call I had to make to get my card unblocked.
>
> Genuinely well done.

Looks like you've been robbed. I think they're obliged to give you £50 minimum. I'd call them back if I were you.
 Darron 08 Jan 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

Well done.

Me? 0/10
I had to pay NATWEST £3000 of a £6000 debt my ex wife had run up on an old joint account they said they had taken my name off but hadn't. They did however compensate me to the tune of £250 for the clerical error that meant my name was not removed!
Clauso 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Skyfall:
>
> ... the compensation suggests they are admitting some fault...

... Or they're struggling to spend the £45bn bail-out of taxpayers money that the banking group was awarded in 2008.
 toad 08 Jan 2013
In reply to mypyrex: This the same Nat West that killed everyones accounts for a week last year? take more than a gift voucher or a bunch of flowers for me to bank with them again
 Skyfall 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Clauso:

I moved my account away from them earlier this year.
 EeeByGum 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Skyfall:
> (In reply to Darren Jackson)
>
> I moved my account away from them earlier this year.

Presumably to a bank that uses a more up-to-date and reliable system? Ummmmmmm - and that would be?
OP mypyrex 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Skyfall:
> (In reply to rallymania)
>
> not block it in the 1at place?
Bang on. I'd written to them giving them my itinerary in the hope that it would not be blocked. There were no "dubious" transactions so they had no reason to block it. Hence only 9/10
 Skyfall 08 Jan 2013
In reply to EeeByGum:

Handelsbank
 Blue Straggler 08 Jan 2013
In reply to toad:
> (In reply to mypyrex) This the same Nat West that killed everyones accounts for a week last year? take more than a gift voucher or a bunch of flowers for me to bank with them again

I don't remember that. Wasn't it HSBC?
My main current account is with NatWest and I also have a secondary account with them. And other stuff. I'm sure I would have remembered if they'd "killed" them all for a week.
 ebygomm 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:

It was Natwest, but not everyone was affected. It didn't affect me at all.
 Cheese Monkey 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mypyrex: HSBC gave me £60 for a 20p Skype call. Wooop!
 andi turner 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mypyrex: Why have they compensated you? That's ridiculous. What a waste of money.
redsonja 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mypyrex: i changed to natwest from barclays a few years ago. they are brilliant. now my sister and my boyfriend have also changed to them
OP mypyrex 09 Jan 2013
In reply to heidi123:
> (In reply to mypyrex) i changed to natwest from barclays a few years ago. they are brilliant.

They used to be even better before RBS cocked them up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...