UKC

Will my Gloved hand fit into Montane Mitt Help?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aigen 09 Jan 2013
Hello can you please help me with glove sizing. I want to order a pair of Montane Extreme Mitts to us as a belay glove. However I want to be able to fit an already gloved hand into the Mitt. I have a pair of Mountain equipment Super Alpine Gloves size XL that I bought. Can anyone tell me if when I am wearing these can I put them into the largest size Montane Extreme Mitt. Are they big enough.
Thanks.
In reply to Aigen:

I wonder if with all of that insulation you would have any dexterity left to belay? If you haven't already try it in a shop first, I've tried similar setups and its very cumbersome
 Robbo1 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Aigen: I just got those mitts (xl) and used them over Christmas/New Year - they are great. I pulled them over some of the Sealskin all weather gloves (xl) and they did fit (just) but it was a bit of a faff to belay. Instead, I just took my climbing gloves off and wore the mitts over my liners - worked well for me.
OP Aigen 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Aigen: I am in the Alps at the moment and any pair of mitts for sale here are about £80 too $100. I cannt try them out in a shop. I know the combo might to a faff to belay with nut I have had some very very cold days here where the more insulation the better.
Anyone work in a shop can you have a look for me, I can order them from you then. Thanks.
 dek 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Aigen:
I've a pair XL BD mercury mitts. It's a real faff getting gloved hands inside them when dry, and the Montanes are a tad neater fit!
Buffalo make a XXL pile pertex mitt, less than twenty quid in the sales at the mo...you would look like an extra from Happy Feet though?!
OP Aigen 09 Jan 2013
In reply to dek: Thanks for the reply. The Buffalos are great but I need a protective palm for abseiling. I have shredded the buffs before.
 iksander 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Aigen: I've got the same sized hands and looked at these mitts too (on offer - tempting!) and unfortunately concluded they would be too small.
In reply to Aigen:

Hestra do some 600g! Primaloft mitt liners that warmed up my numb hands in minutes. Highly recommend them if you're still open to your system
 mattc 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Aigen: I can't fit a large over my couloir in a small
 GForce1 12 Jan 2013
In reply to Aigen: I think you might struggle.

For me a size large fits over a medium powerstretch liner and a xl over a medium me windchill glove.

The limiting factor is the thumb, which seems a bit tight. I gave up trying to find a mitt I could wear over a technical glove and now simply wear a mitt over a powerstretch liner.
 lumu_tit 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Aigen: size xl fit nicely over outdoor research vert gloves with thick hand gaitors for me. I am size large for gloves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...