UKC

Northwales limestone guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 09 Jan 2013
What it all just a vicious rumour?

I've moved from the crucilble of climbing that is yorkshire, and now am contemplating a season on North Wales' glorious limestone. But all I have is the groundup guide, which is good, but quite select for the limestone.

Please tell me its coming out ready for the summer!? The wiki is good, but phone topos at the crag make me want to cry.

Cheers.

Si
 doylo 09 Jan 2013
In reply to snoop6060:

It's getting there! Fingers crossed. Remember its being self published by volunteers and the main man Pete Harrison has a full time job. We've waited 15 years so a bit longer won't hurt!
OP snoop6060 10 Jan 2013
In reply to doylo:

Cheers, i'm positively excited for a new shiny book to read.
 Michael Ryan 10 Jan 2013
In reply to doylo:
> (In reply to snoop6060)
>
> It's getting there! Fingers crossed. Remember its being self published by volunteers and the main man Pete Harrison has a full time job. We've waited 15 years so a bit longer won't hurt!

Good job on Observatory buttress......was down there yesterday. Looks great, looking forward to climbing there. Beautiful looking reasonable routes and a superb setting.
 ksjs 10 Jan 2013
In reply to snoop6060: First of well done on making the right move!

I think there's quite a bit still to be done (re-equipping of less well-trodden Orme crags for example) and I reckon Pete won't want the guide published without at least some of this having been sorted though I have no real knowledge of where this is up to.

If locals can put some more effort in on this work when weather improves (2013 will be blissful) I imagine an early summer publication is possible.

zero six 12 Jan 2013
In reply to snoop6060:
Hi, there's an update on ukb.

Pete

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...