UKC

Multitool with pliers, snips and hex heads?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 iksander 09 Jan 2013
Looking for a fix-it-all winter climbing tool - does such a thing exist? I've got a ratchet snow board tool but i) easy to drop the drivers and ii) no pliers
 davy_boy 09 Jan 2013
In reply to iksander: i remember seeing a wenger ueli steck multitool with hex bits but you would need to look it up im sure it was expensive though.
 BnB 09 Jan 2013
In reply to iksander:

I have a Leatherman multitool with drivers, blade, pliers and bottle opener (for belays). These parts often come in handy but I've never had any need for the other bits.
OP iksander 09 Jan 2013
In reply to davy_boy: Thanks. By "hex" I meant allen key rather than ring spanner type things - would prefer them captive too rather than bits. The steck doodah is £85+ and no hex heads as far as I can see...
 davy_boy 09 Jan 2013
In reply to iksander: thats what i was meaning as well lol just looked one up and as u say there socket sized holes. was just going by memory earlier and i though they had allen keys on them but looks like they would have to be seperate bits which would get lost.
In reply to iksander:

The hex tools would suggest looking at cycle multitools, although the pliers bit might prove difficult...

Quite a few similar queries come up on biking forums when you google.

One of which has a link to

http://www.topeak.com/products/Tools/ALiEN_DX

Rather small pliers...

I have a small multitool from the 99p Store with reasonable pliers; maybe one of these and a small cycle hex tool?
OP iksander 09 Jan 2013
In reply to captain paranoia: oooh good one, thanks CP

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...