Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Retraining ideas, help!

Tom Last - on 09 Jan 2013
Hello everyone.

I've found myself in a bit of a cul-de-sac work-wise so I'm after a few ideas regarding retraining. If you can be bothered to read on, this is my position.

I'm a 33 year old self-employed photographer, I'm weighing up my options but I'm starting to think that for a whole host of reasons, I want out of what I do currently.

I would like to retrain in something interesting/enjoyable/stimulating etc, in which I could then gain employment as somebody (by that time) in their late 30s and actually have some modest prospects in that line of work. Hopefully in an industry that isn't in its death throws.

More drawn to sciences/engineering/environmental than the arts/media, obviously I enjoy being outdoors etc. Have no useful qualifications (10 GCSEs A-C, HND & pointless degree in photography), reasonable CV as a photo librarian/photographer and a decade's employment/self-employment history.

Intelligent, hard-working, capable, good with people and so on. Willing to retrain to higher education level.

With these priorities and these stumbling blocks, what would you be looking to do?

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers,
Tom
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums