UKC

Accommodation Geyikbayiri

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kai Autio 09 Jan 2013
Any experiences of Josito or Kezban guest houses?
Planning to go for a week in March and I'm wondering if there is any place far better than others to stay. We are not having a car, so need a place near by climbing.
Clean place, good food, friendly athmosphere is what I am looking for.
Thanks in advance.
 AJM 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Kai Autio:

JoSiTo is organised, Germanic and efficient, but can feel a bit cold if you aren't there in a group as it often appears that a lot of the others know each other (they may not do, but I suspect a common language helps make it feel so).

Kezban is probably more friendly, but also less organised. Less good showers/toilets, our friends who were staying there ate at JoSiTo for breakfast most days as well, although the food at Kezban was pretty reasonable, although I think you have to order in advance, whereas you can just walk in and get pasta/sandwiches/salads at JoSiTo

Don't forget climbers garden, and there's another campsite up near there too.
 Bulls Crack 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Kai Autio:

They all look fine - however, we stayed at Rasayanna Organic guest house in the village - fantastic food and a little bit further to walk - we didn't have a car either but it's not far
 JayK 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Kai Autio:

Peak Guesthouse is by far the best accommodation. But it's not advertised very well by the guidebook. Climber's Garden had the friendliest of atmospheres out of the GH's. There are a few really knowledgeable people who work there who speak English (A yank and a NZ). Plus they also make an amazing steak. Literally amazing.

The food at Rasayana is good if you like cauliflower cheese. I preferred steak. Wasn't a fan of the food, but the accommodation was very good with a ensuite with hot shower - bonus.

Plenty of choice.
 AJM 10 Jan 2013
In reply to JimmyKay:

Is peak the one under mevlana?

If so, be warned that in rain it gets a bit of a sewage issue - I don't know quite where it actually goes but the whole place stinks...!
 JayK 10 Jan 2013
In reply to AJM:

Really? Knew it was all too good to be true. I didn't use a better a toilet that holiday! I guess it's all just decorating a big whole in the ground?
 AJM 10 Jan 2013
In reply to JimmyKay:

Could be!

We met some others who moved down from there into a nice hotel in antalya, all inclusive, sauna, pool etc at some ridiculous rate, presumably because the hotels are otherwise dead then. That's what I'd probably do next time
 Bulls Crack 10 Jan 2013
In reply to JimmyKay:
> (In reply to Kai Autio)
>

>
> The food at Rasayana is good if you like cauliflower cheese. I preferred steak. Wasn't a fan of the food, but the accommodation was very good with a ensuite with hot shower - bonus.
>

Really? The cooking whilst we were there was just about the best vegetarian food I've ever had: various stuffed vegetables, manti, aromatic rice, stews, salads, soups

Food at Peak cam good too.

Bulls Crack 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Oh a need to put in a good word for the unpromising looking fish restaurant Alabalik

only 3 dishes but all good - fresh fish, koftes and chicken and nice people...just don't look at the surroundings!
 Mattlamb90 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack: Alabalik is the place for a good meal, the fish couldnt be any fresher!!!!
OP Kai Autio 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Kai Autio:
Thanks for all giving valuable information.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...