Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - wrist injury

Ellie79 - on 09 Jan 2013
I've had pain in my wrist for about a year and have been variously told it was DeQuervains tenosynovitis, given a wrist splint, exercises and then a cortisone injection (which had no effect), told to rest it, more exercises and general confusion on why it wasn't improving. Suspected scaphoid fracture, but not that either. Latest advice from orthopaedic surgeon is that I have hypermobility (lax ligaments) and as a result an unstable wrist and that I shall probably have to quit work as an outdoor instructor and not climb again. He's now sending me for an MRI scan.

Has anyone out there experienced anything like this? Wrist pain/ loose ligaments?

Currently having some physio to try and build up the muscles again after a year of not really using (hand is now very weak). Have not been able to climb all year :(

Has anyone heard of prolotherapy? An alternative therapy but apparently not much medical evidence to back up claims of helping to rebuild ligaments?

If anyone has any knowledge/experience/thought on any of this I'd be interested!

cheers

Ellie
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums