/ snowdon in march

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mikey bryan - on 09 Jan 2013
im planning a trip up snowdon on the 2nd march and wonderedif i would need crampons and other winter walking equipment or will i be ok with good walking boots and treking poles.

thanks
mike
annieman - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mikey bryan: Probably. Better to have them and not need them than the alternative.
Robin
IainRUK - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mikey bryan: Could be anything.. and it changes so fast.. you often can go up without but there is also plenty of other hills in the area if not..
highclimber - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mikey bryan: ask again on the 1st!
Vanessa Simmons on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mikey bryan: In April a few years ago I climbed Snowdon by the Snowdon Ranger path and descended on the Llanberis path (thanks to a cooperative husband who gave me a lift and looked after the kids for the day!). It was a fantastic day out but looking back on it now, I should have had crampons on for the top. As it was, I dropped my water bottle which accelerated away on the ice never to be seen again, and I had to get my compass out to check the descent route while a hailstorm came over. So, in short, be prepared for anything!
highclimber - on 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Vanessa Simmons:
> (In reply to mikey bryan) In April a few years ago I WALKED UP Snowdon by the Snowdon Ranger path and descended on the Llanberis path

Fixed that for you - don't want people getting the wrong idea about the difficulty of the welsh footpaths!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Vanessa Simmons on 10 Jan 2013
In reply to highclimber: Lol! I'm showing my age! (When I was a kid, hills were for climbing and canal towpaths were for walking)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.