UKC

Tacul approach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 10 Jan 2013
Assuming no recent snow fall whats the approach to the Tacul like at this time of year? Can it be done without skis/snow shoes?
In reply to GridNorth:

Better with snow shoes than just boots, you used to be able to hire them for about 8 euros a day from Snell but that was a few years ago now. They are really easy to use and carry and make moving around much more pleasant.
 Mr. Lee 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

Or just buy some if you are out for a week plus as it won't cost much different. I picked up some in Technique Extreme that were pretty cheap and functioned fine.
 kevin stephens 10 Jan 2013
In reply to GridNorth:
> Assuming no recent snow fall ...?
Actually there's been massive snow fall a few weeks ago, it's just all the lift accessible snow has been tracked out and compacted. Anything not skied will still be post holing hell.

OP GridNorth 10 Jan 2013
In reply to GridNorth: Cheers. What I was hoping to hear was that it's so well trodden that the snow is firm. Wishful thinking on my part.
 chris gooder 11 Jan 2013
In reply to GridNorth: I was out in Chamonix the week after Christmas and hired some snow shoes from Technique Extreme for 5 Euros a day. There was plenty of snow and they worked well when I used them on the Valley Blanche and on a couple of other days out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...