UKC

Empty room, what to put in it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dutybooty 10 Jan 2013
I have a large empty room, about 20 feet by 20 feet. I'm adding some strength training to aerobic fitness now. The big question is what to put in it?

I have little money at the moment, but what I do have is...

A fingerboard
A pretty much unlimited supply of scaffolding
A lot of misc building materials (wood etc)

My plan was to put the finger board up, a pull up bar, dip bars for balancing the muscles. Thats the rock stuff I was planning on putting in there.

On the ice training front, I was going to add a thick piece of wood for ice axe pull ups, have a brick wall outside to drytool on toprope for laps, and was going to add a bench seat to do swing exercises with the tool (see Will Gadds blog for what these are).

Can anyone think of anything else worth adding?

PS: A woody shall be added when money allows
PPS: Have a few decent partners coming down to train with me so won't be all lonesome in there.
 knighty 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

A snooker table, of course!
 SAF 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: A lodger... up to £4250 tax free a year...imagine the adventures you could go on with that money!!!
 cuppatea 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

A mahoosive train set!

And a teapot
 LastBoyScout 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

Swedish nympho lodger.

And her best girlfriend...
 graeme jackson 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:
at one end, One very comfortable chair

at the other end, Townsend rock turntable, Clearaudio Phono Stage, moon amplifier, living voice auditorium speakers.
 lost1977 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

please tell me this is also on the ground floor, with all that scaffolding available i would make a custom power cage for weight training possibly with dip bars and space for gymnastic rings
 alooker 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: sex dungeon
 ianstevens 11 Jan 2013
In reply to alooker: Seconded. Got to put that scaffold to use somehow...
 Fraser 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

How high is the room?
 Kevster 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

Locate joists above, excellent horizontal indoor roof wall. Can then fill space with lodger/toot etc.
OP dutybooty 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Its about 12 foot high.

The power cage was essentially what I was going for...but with a fingerboard

It's an old stable so on the ground floor, concrete floor, 4 foot wide door straight to the outside and wood pannelled once you get 3 foot off the floor.
 BolderLicious 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:
Having a small tightrope a foot or so off the floor could help improve balance.
 lost1977 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

with a 12ft ceiling and scaffold you have to consider making a system for gymnastic rings it would be wrong not to
 lost1977 11 Jan 2013
In reply to lost1977:

a slack/tight line could easily we worked in to the system. actually if you wanted i would love to give you a hand if you decided a project like this
OP dutybooty 11 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: A slack/tightline is a good idea! Is tape or rope better?

What are gymnastic rings?

And you're more than welcome to help but I believe Sheffield is quite a way from London
Blastbar 12 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: some very hot and bright bulbs so you can grow flowers. Flowers with a high resale value.

And a bear.
 spartacus 12 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:
A brothel, you would need a waiting area with a fish tank. Put up curtain walls around two beds. Good steady income allowing you to do some great climbing trips.
ice.solo 12 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

Forget the dip bars, use rings.

Overhanging rungs for pullups/campusing (tho scaffolding is nasty on the hands but good for grip).

But first run off a batch of e's in the space.
 ollieollie 12 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: a lion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...