/ Two questions about socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Eric9Points - on 10 Jan 2013
a) Do you own a "lucky" pair of socks in which you run faster?

b) I own a number of pairs of socks which are marked "left" and "right" or "R" and "L". I am meticulous in always putting them on the correct feet. If I put a left hand sock on my right foot and vice versa am I likley to run pigeon toed or perhaps even, round in a big circle?

ThunderCat - on 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Eric9Points:

Can't comment. But I think people who wear matching socks and snigger when they see me wearing odd socks are being a bit uptight.

I don't really aim to wear odd socks, it's not some sort of affectation. I just have a drawer full, into which I reach each morning and grab two.

They're just coverings for your feet to keep them apart from your shoes...they don't have to match! Argh. That is all.
steelbru - on 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Eric9Points:
Don't have "lucky" socks, but do have "unlucky" socks. Bought a pair of quite expensive Salomon lightweight ones as my road race socks last year, and the first 3 times I wore them I had terrible races.

Absolutely nothing to do with the socks I know, there were other reasons for each bad run, but I daren't wear them again for a race, "just in case" :-)
Eric9Points - on 11 Jan 2013
In reply to steelbru:

I had an "unlucky" shirt once. I ended up throwing it out after avoiding wearing it for a year.
Welsh Kate - on 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Eric9Points:

b) It depends on whether they're asymetric socks specifically designed for left and right feet, or whether it's just manufacturers being anal. If the latter, I would on principal wear them on the wrong feet, or choose two left feet for the day.
quirky - on 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Eric9Points: life is too short for pairing up socks and washing cars!!
ablackett - on 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Eric9Points: I once had a pair of socks for over a year, I always thought they had L and R on them, every time I picked them up I looked at the L, put it on my left foot and put the other on the right foot.

One day I noticed I had 2 L socks, I accused my wife of nicking my right sock, then she pointed out the L stood for large.

quirky - on 11 Jan 2013
In reply to ablackett: I bought a pair of merrel socks in the sale which both have "L" on them. i assumed they were discounted due to being 2 left socks! I never thought of the "L for large" scenario! My life is now better for knowing this. Thanks!
ads.ukclimbing.com
SteveRi - on 14 Jan 2013
Anyone who wears lucky socks is superstitious nitwit. Yes, I have special race shoes. And socks :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.