UKC

Two questions about socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 10 Jan 2013
a) Do you own a "lucky" pair of socks in which you run faster?

b) I own a number of pairs of socks which are marked "left" and "right" or "R" and "L". I am meticulous in always putting them on the correct feet. If I put a left hand sock on my right foot and vice versa am I likley to run pigeon toed or perhaps even, round in a big circle?

ThunderCat 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Removed User:

Can't comment. But I think people who wear matching socks and snigger when they see me wearing odd socks are being a bit uptight.

I don't really aim to wear odd socks, it's not some sort of affectation. I just have a drawer full, into which I reach each morning and grab two.

They're just coverings for your feet to keep them apart from your shoes...they don't have to match! Argh. That is all.
 steelbru 10 Jan 2013
Don't have "lucky" socks, but do have "unlucky" socks. Bought a pair of quite expensive Salomon lightweight ones as my road race socks last year, and the first 3 times I wore them I had terrible races.

Absolutely nothing to do with the socks I know, there were other reasons for each bad run, but I daren't wear them again for a race, "just in case"
Removed User 11 Jan 2013
In reply to steelbru:

I had an "unlucky" shirt once. I ended up throwing it out after avoiding wearing it for a year.
 Welsh Kate 11 Jan 2013

b) It depends on whether they're asymetric socks specifically designed for left and right feet, or whether it's just manufacturers being anal. If the latter, I would on principal wear them on the wrong feet, or choose two left feet for the day.
 quirky 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Removed User: life is too short for pairing up socks and washing cars!!
 ablackett 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Removed User: I once had a pair of socks for over a year, I always thought they had L and R on them, every time I picked them up I looked at the L, put it on my left foot and put the other on the right foot.

One day I noticed I had 2 L socks, I accused my wife of nicking my right sock, then she pointed out the L stood for large.

quirky 11 Jan 2013
In reply to ablackett: I bought a pair of merrel socks in the sale which both have "L" on them. i assumed they were discounted due to being 2 left socks! I never thought of the "L for large" scenario! My life is now better for knowing this. Thanks!
 steveriley 14 Jan 2013
Anyone who wears lucky socks is superstitious nitwit. Yes, I have special race shoes. And socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...