/ Season insurance for Alpine climbing + snowboarding

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
aki048 - on 12 Jan 2013
Does anyone know of a good alternative to BMC alpine climbing and off piste insurance cover for a season in the French Alps. I'm currently looking at nearly 370 for the season's cover with the BMC, surly there's got to be a cheaper option?
anaesthetic on 12 Jan 2013
In reply to aki048: I seem to recall BMC having very high premiums for the adding snowboarding, would it be cheaper to get the snowboarding bit from a different insurer? TGIC are good for winter sports (ski/boarding) but not sure about a season, up to 31 days inc in an annual policy.
Morgan Woods - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to aki048: check out Austrian Alpine Club.
Murko Fuzz - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to aki048:

Snowcard?
aki048 - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to Morgan Woods: Good call chief - done deal! BMC are crazy prices - not that I'm going to need another heli rescue anyway;)
ChrisC - on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to aki048:
Think AAC isn't any good for a season - check the small print but I think I remember reading that it will only cover you for the first 30(?) days of your season fully then its very much reduced in value.
Martin S-P - on 14 Jan 2013
il Re on 15 Jan 2013
In reply to Morgan Woods:

I concur, I have the same insurance from Uniqa via the belgian climbing federation ( which is a branch of OEAV). Very good experiences with it so far.
Jan Novotny - on 04 Feb 2013
In reply to aki048: you can pay membership in Alpenverein (Austrian Alpine Club). You pay around 50 per year and you have very good insurance for climbing, mountaneering, off piste skiing, ... (exept flying sports)

http://www.alpenverein.at/portal/service/mitgliedschaft/mitgliedervorteile/0100_weltweit_versichert....

office@alpenverein.at

T +43/512/59547
ads.ukclimbing.com
rossn - on 04 Feb 2013
In reply to aki048: Austrian Alpine Club as somebody else said is a good choice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.