Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Should I do weights on the same/alternate days to climbing?

geebus - on 13 Jan 2013
Currently I'm doing 3 days a week of a 5x5 routine and generally do 3 days a week indoor bouldering.
(Don't do any pull ups in the 5x5 as that's covered by the climbing).

Is there any reason not to do them on the same day?
Ideally I'd do the weights straight after climbing so I'm freshest for the climbing; but often finish climbing at 10pm or so, so that's not really an option. (And none of the local climbing places have their own normal gym.) In a lot of cases there will be at least a few hours split between the two workouts.
Always felt everything should be done at once if possible, though not sure there was any reason behind me thinking that.

It not only generally makes sense to let my body have rest days, but looking to start a 'leangains' style 'intermittent fasting' program*, which really needs the rest days for lower calories and different macros. Or at least some 'cardio' days, if not rest!
*Basically, not eating breakfast and eating more on training days, but with some added science maybe.
... not showing 31 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums