/ Missing train connections due to rail replacement buses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
a13x - on 13 Jan 2013
Hey,

Looks like I'm going to miss my connection because the rail replacement bus took ages. I arrived when I was meant to. Anyone know if I'm going to have to buy another ticket?

Alex
another_alex - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to a13x:
if you've got one ticket all the way through they should put you on the next train with no problem.

If you've got a separate ticket for the next part of the connection for some reason then you might have a problem, but it's worth asking at the ticket office.
alexcollins123 - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to a13x: Claim it against the company. I know you can claim against TfL for stuff like this, so I guess it is the same for other rail companies.
Southampton Tom on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to a13x:
Happened to me once, it was the last train too, they put me in a taxi.
ads.ukclimbing.com
another_alex - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to a13x:
also look up the train company's "delay repay" scheme - if as a result of the missed connection you finish your journey more than a certain amount of time late [it varies between companies but generally 30mins to 1hr) you can claim back some of the cost of the ticket. You have to fill in a form and apply for it though.

This is as well as them getting you on the next connection without charging you for a new ticket :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.