/ Fingerboard - take a finger off or add weight?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tomar - on 14 Jan 2013
What do you think? : to make deadhanging harder is it better to add weight or take a finger off each hand? I have been doing a lot deadhanging on the small slots on a moon fingerboard using front two and middle two fingers on which I can (very just) hang for 4 secs but on average about 3 secs. The idea is to try to train individual fingers, but I hear people using weights while hanging off a medium slot using three fingers. What is the difference? Do a bit of both or just stick to one technique?
lost1977 - on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Vertigo1:

add weight rather than reduce fingers as it allows for smaller increases in load which should be safer
shark - on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Vertigo1:

Reduce fingers if you have a weak finger combo you want to target or to train for small pockets otherwise add weight with less risk of injury.
Tomar - on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to shark and lost1977: Ok, thanks for the tip, sounds good. I think I will start adding weighted hangs in my routine.... but I will still work(altough not as intensively) on balancing individual finger strenght as I found that my front two are a bit weaker than middle two.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Bloodfire - on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Vertigo1: Yup, it's definitely the right way round. start with the weight, then less fingers (without weight) then less fingers with weight and so on...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.