UKC

Climbing Apps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alexkitts 14 Jan 2013
Does anyone have any ideas they'd like to see as an app related to climbing?
 ablackett 14 Jan 2013
In reply to alexkitts: An augemented reality app that takes a live view of the crag and super imposes the line of all the routes. It would be cracking if you were half way up a route and wanted to see if any routes went up that imposing overhang, or where your route went.

I'd buy that for 69p if you could make it work.
OP alexkitts 14 Jan 2013
In reply to ablackett: yeah sounds good, could be quite a challenge to make, but would be a great app,
keep em coming!
 schloosh 14 Jan 2013
In reply to ablackett:

I've been testing out some options for one of those the Kirklees Climbing website.
Watch this space....
 another_alex 14 Jan 2013
In reply to alexkitts:
something that combines weather forecast and guidebook info to suggest good routes for a particular day - Eg you could search for a list of sport 6as within 2hrs drive which are likely to have dry weather ??
 john arran 14 Jan 2013
In reply to alexkitts:

I'd like an app that runs in the background overnight and adds 3 grades to your performance while simultaneously doubling the number of free days you have to go climbing.

If you could sort one of those out for android I'd even consider paying for it.
 yeti 14 Jan 2013
In reply to alexkitts:

how close is the nearest pub?

if it could give me a list of beers on today, that would be good
 Jon Stewart 14 Jan 2013
In reply to alexkitts:

Definitely a conditions thing, presumably putting together weather data and searching forums for current comments.
 nbonnett 14 Jan 2013
In reply to alexkitts:

Well wants on climb coach app really
 mhawk 14 Jan 2013
In reply to alexkitts: How about a gps map/locator for climbing area, to help people find their way around? Would work great for say, newbies to the peak.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...