Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - 100% Death Tax

Chateauneuf du Boeuf - on 15 Jan 2013
What do people think? One of the biggest problems in society is wealth locked up in land and passed down through families. This then gives some children a ludicrously disproportionate advantage over others, stopping the vast majority realising their full potential. Such a tax would encourage much more productive spending, mean money only went to those who earned it and greatly improve our current housing prices.

Obviously gifts to children would also have to be taxed and spending on private education.

The money obviously has no more obvious recipient than the state that made earning possible. So why shouldn't we do this? The only thing I can think of is that people may be less productive in old age.

The benefits being: many more people achieving their economic potential, lower income taxes and better public services. A further positive outcome would be watch adverts featuring well dressed Swiss fathers and sons would no longer exist.

Come on right wing nutjobs its time to argue for those people far richer and successful than yourselves.
... not showing 79 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums