UKC

Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fire_munki 16 Jan 2013
Well the plastics went back, just wasn't to be.
Can anyone who has done/or led the Glenmore Lodge intro course confirm whether my Asolo B2 will do for the weeks fun?
Will be paired with G12 if that helps.

The email I had from them just said stiffened boots, but no to what stiffness, I took them up Grade 2s last year with Martin Moran and they were fine so would hope to use them again.
 Mountain Llama 16 Jan 2013
In reply to fire_munki: Have not been on the coarse but B2 and G12s should be fine for your intro coarse. Iam sure Martin would have raised a question if he thought they were unsuitable, do do not worry.

Hope you have a great time.

Cheers Dave
 ox 16 Jan 2013
In reply to fire_munki: They will be fine you can climb up to grade 3 in B2 boots i did a intro course with Scarpa Mantas and G12s and they worked fine for me
 weejimmy 18 Jan 2013
In reply to ox: Thats fine i have climbed grade 6 with B2 boots and 12 point crampons and in the old days it was tricounis!!!
 CurlyStevo 18 Jan 2013
In reply to weejimmy:
Yeah my friend normally uses B2 and G12 newmatic for winter climbing and leads to around IV,5 mixed and ice. I'm pretty sure its not the boots holding him back.
 Jamie B 18 Jan 2013
In reply to fire_munki:

Pretty sure that you can sign-out boots from the Lodge's stock, and there may not even be a charge for this, but worth calling to check with them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...