UKC

Will this fit an old Quark?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jamie B 16 Jan 2013
http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Winter-Climbing-Equipment/Ice-Axes/Ic...

Have heard it might, need a new upper griprest for my tools.
 CurlyStevo 17 Jan 2013
In reply to gear boy:
They fit if you remove the trig but do break quite easy (so far one, but Ron W has broken 3)

I have since removed the trig and packed the gap with washers and I'm hoping that will improve strength but I'm not 100% convinced.

The larger size grivel triggers fit and are effectively the same as the sliders (which aren't made anymore) once you saw off the metal trigger. Not heard of these breaking.
 CMcBain 17 Jan 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Slightly off topic but are the breakages of the trig rests with triggers removed only related to retrofitting them onto old style Quarks or the latest style ones aswell? Reason I ask is I have the new style Quarks but want to take the trigger off but leave the trig rests on. I've been hesitant to do it so far because i've heard reports of them snapping.
 CurlyStevo 17 Jan 2013
In reply to CMcBain:
No they are definitely breaking on new quarks and with the trig rests on too. I do suspect though that having nothing bracing the gap makes them weaker, but I think overall they are too weak anyway.
 CurlyStevo 17 Jan 2013
In reply to CMcBain:
you could brace the gap with washers as I do on my old quarks.
 CMcBain 17 Jan 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Cheers for clarifying, with the trigger finger attached they actually seem fairly secure but might try padding them with washers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...