UKC

Gardyloo Gulley conditions last week.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Camm 17 Jan 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XPFS2uaVjU&feature=youtu.be

Snow on top of ice, ice very brittle, not banked out much apart from right at the very top.

Also it was my second that left that size 3 dragon cam if you found it.
 Milesy 17 Jan 2013
In reply to danrock101:

Did you dig in and snooze for a few hours? seem to have missed some time here??
Simon Wells 17 Jan 2013
In reply to danrock101:

Thanks for putting the video up, but it does seem to go from foggy to dark in one second!

What happend?
OP Camm 17 Jan 2013
In reply to danrock101:
It was our last day, so we had a lie in and set off quite late, (not planned) but we then planned to top out just as it was getting dark but the snow lower down was quite hard and my second wasn't confident in just wizzing up it so I had to pitch it + he wasnt used to front pointing so I think his calves were giving him trouble, probably just aswell so I was able to save my energy for the last pitch lol, I was a bit gripped on the axes and not trusting my feet.
Simon Wells 18 Jan 2013
In reply to danrock101:

Alls well that ends well! Glad you both got back down safely and 'enjoyed' the climb!
 Cornish boy 18 Jan 2013
In reply to danrock101: Great footage- really atmospheric! Could feel my pulse rate increasing as you climbed the final pitch in the dark. I'm hoping to do the route next month but will ensure that we make an early start! Cheers
 Mattlloyd10 19 Jan 2013
In reply to danrock101: i was the second and yes, my first icy pitch. A bit steep for my learner ability. Looking back at it I thoroughly enjoyed it. Having a strong leader is always good.
OP Camm 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Cornish boy:

Cheers Simon

CB:

I really enjoyed the route but I wasn't expecting it to be as it was, I miss-read the guide book where it says something about it can be grade III/4 if the snow don't build up and bank out.
Hopefully the conditions will be good for you!

OP Camm 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Mattlloyd10:
You did really well, not bad for your second or third winter route haha

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...