UKC

Best ski routes in North Wales - advice please.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pay Attention 17 Jan 2013
Originally planning to go out to N Wales Jan 19 for winter climbing. But the heavy snow forecast now makes me think I'd be better taking touring skis rather than my ice sickles.

So ... I would appreciate your sound advice as to good ski touring routes in N Wales (avoiding boulder fields etc).

And I'm not up to a ski descent of Parley Fern gully, so please don't suggest that!
 Rory Shaw 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Pay attention: Moel elio ridge, most of the carneddau, Siabod from the Brenin
In reply to Rory Shaw: Based in Snowdonia, but looking for any updates on snow conditions on Moel Eilio and Carneddau. Looking to go ski touring tomorrow.
 PontiusPirate 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Caroline Wilson:

'Rainfall' radar has shown precipitation falling at a rate of at least 2cm (if it's snow) per hour for at least the last 6 hours, which suggests you could find really quite a bit!!!

Anyone actually out 'on the ground' so to speak?

Enjoy tomorrow and stay safe
Looks likely I'm heading to a fairly snow-free Lake District!

PP.
 Rory Shaw 18 Jan 2013
In reply to PontiusPirate: the main problem is that it has been really windy so the snow on ridges may not be deep enough. Plenty of snow has been falling so there should be some good descents on nw aspect (not too steep tho as the snow might start moving). Hard to know what its really like until cloud lifts abit
OP Pay Attention 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Rory Shaw:

great video!

Some good ideas in this thread. Thank you all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...