UKC

Vote for where we go!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dutybooty 18 Jan 2013
Going winter climbing this weekend.

Can't decide on lakes, Scotland (Ben or Cairngorms) or Wales (never been so wouldn't know where to go)

Decided to put it to a vote on here! I expect to end up somewhere near Somerset knowing you lot.
 beardy mike 18 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: I shouldn't bother. There's only a few inches of light fluff here in Somerset. Unless of course you want a cider weekend. In which case this is the place to be.
 JohnnyW 18 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

Well I'd give Wales a wide berth until/if this lot consolidates!
We don't want as many folks up here as were on No2 on the Ben last weekend , so the Lakes!
 Simon Caldwell 18 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

Kinder Downfall
 edinburgh_man 18 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

The Ben. The forecast on Sunday looks great.
 The Grist 18 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Go to the black ladders in wales on Saturday - then please let me know how it is Saturday night. Thanks
 Mr. Lee 18 Jan 2013
In reply to The Grist:

Go to Black Ladders or Cloggy and break a trail please.

Seriously though, would be wary of Bladder Ladders as it is avalanche prone. Top of the gullies could be loaded with windslab this weekend.
abseil 18 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

This may sound radical but my vote is go to London and have a nice meal.
 The Grist 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Mr. Lee: Am thinking western gully. Am more concerned about getting there as I do not have ski's. Last time I tried it I had to abandon due to waist deep powder on the approach. But friends did get there and did the climb. Is western gully particularly avalanche prone? Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...