UKC

Jez Bragg, Te Araroa trail.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Moley 20 Jan 2013
I meant to post this link weeks ago, Jez is another North Face runner (like Lizzie Hawker), currently trying to set a record for the Te Araroa trail - 3000k length of New Zealand, a national trail that opened last year.

He's ccurrently on his first rest day (day 37) having covered nearly 2300k in that time, oh and he kayaked the cook straight and other sections!

Anyway, fascinating blog and a quite tremendous effort, just seeing what he eats is amazing. Have a look, he's doing well.

http://jezbragg.blogspot.co.uk/
 mattrm 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Moley:

This is awesome I have to say. It's not getting much press either. And it should be IMHO.
 ring ouzel 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Moley: Read about this in Trail Running. Amazing effort!
Moley 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Moley:
His "rest days" were caused by a giardia infection, which must have knocked him about a bit, he's now back on 75k a day which shows he has incredible mental toughness. Jez is also only a youngster in terms of endurance athletes (31 yr old), many years to go.
When I was in NZ 4 years ago I ran some of the routes he's been on, simply beautifull and I can't wait to go back, but I also appreciate how tough some sections of it are.
Moley 01 Feb 2013
In reply to Moley:
Congratulations Jez. Incredible effort.
 Banned User 77 02 Feb 2013
In reply to Moley: Very impressive.. heard about the Giardia.. nice challenge for him all up. He's mixed up his running well, from road to trail to mountain ultra's. Very impressive.
 J Brown 02 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Looks like he's going to finish it today. Amazing!
Moley 03 Feb 2013
In reply to Moley: There's a good write up here, well worth a read. http://www.irunfar.com/2013/02/jez-bragg-completes-te-araroa-trail-expediti...

I like this bit, man after my own heart!
"Jez says that he’s kept the expedition as comfortable as possible by doing it British-style. “I’ve taken quite a British approach. I have my fried breakfast in the morning. I drink my tea. Everyone asks, ‘What sports and recovery drinks are you taking?’ None, I drink chocolate milk and eat potato chips and chocolate. I eat really substantial meals. Solid, hardy food has worked.”

Tom Last 03 Feb 2013
In reply to Moley:

Poor bugger. Ran all that way only to end up in Bluff - what a dump

Amazing effort!
 thedatastream 03 Feb 2013
Bloody legend, well done

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...