Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Rate my rack

Taurig - on 21 Jan 2013
Apologies to those who thought this thread was a subjective analysis of mammary glands, I am in fact requesting some opinions on what I plan to buy to build up my first lead rack. I'm sure everyone is sick of 'what should I buy?' threads so I'll keep this as concise as possible.

I already own:

- 2 x 60cm, 2 x 120cm, 1 x 240 cm slings, thick DMM ones that I've been using to set up top ropes
- 4 x DMM Aero screwgates
- 2 x Clog HMS screwgates
- Size 1-10 DMM Wallnuts

I plan to buy:

- 3 x 15cm, 3 x 20cm WC Nitro quickdraws
- 2 x 60cm slingdraws of some description
- Rockcentric 5-8 OR Torque nuts 1-4, whatever I can get a deal on

I have an eye on budget. I plan to climb very easy single pitch (10-15m) on mainly basalt and dolerite; this thread is quite relevant as it's where I'll be looking to climb too.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=535355

Yay or nay on this rack? Should I leave the hexes and get another half set of nuts instead? I can't help feeling I might run out of medium sized nuts quickly. I've ignored cams due to cost, will hexes suffice as an alternative (if I meet a proper parallel crack I suppose not, but I don't think I've climbed one during my top rope antics so far)?

Any opinions appreciated.
... not showing 25 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums