Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Private schools

stella1 - on 21 Jan 2013
I've just read an article on the Independant site (sorry ukc won't let me post link) which basically says private schools provide a better education but should be banned as there is an unfair divide between private and state schools. Why should we ban something which is working better? Why not put more government money towards bursaries allowing parents from poorer backgrounds to pay school fees?

I know the answers to these questions, putting money towards private not state education is going to deepen the divide and I personally don't like the fact that if you are from a low income family private education is typically out of reach, but when my son goes to school and I have the choice of sending him to the local state school (which isn't terrible) or getting a better education privately why should I (and he) be denied that?
... not showing 141 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums