UKC

Grivel X Monster picks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shacks 21 Jan 2013
I have a pair of Grivel X-Monster axes and I am replacing the picks on them. Due to the ends being hammered over, I've had to drill the heads off the bolts. I am about to fit the new picks but as I have 2 trips away, I don't want to hammer over the ends of the bolts as I want to be able to remove the picks before putting them in my rucksack for the plane trips there and home again. I was thinking of fitting A2 stainless nyloc nuts instead of the nuts that come with the new picks. I know I would have to check that the nuts weren't coming loose while climbing but I am wondering if anyone have any thoughts on possible problems with doing this? Thanks.
 Greg Boswell 21 Jan 2013
In reply to Shacks:

Hi mate.

I know of a lot of people that have used different nuts and bolts on the monster pick.. As long as the nuts are tight, they will be sweet as a ......

The hammered over bolts are a pain for swapping picks on trips.

Give me a shout if you want any more info.

Cheers. Greg
 Adam15 21 Jan 2013
In reply to Shacks:
Use some loctite on them, that will stop them coming loose
 Exile 21 Jan 2013
In reply to Shacks:

I wanted to change regularly between different picks so I just got some nuts and bolts from homebase and got on with it. As said above, just check they are still done up before each trip.
OP Shacks 22 Jan 2013
Thanks for all your replies. I will go ahead with fitting A2 stainless bolts with nyloc nuts and if this don't work well then I'll try the Loctite.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...