/ Vauxhall vivaro Conversion.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
nodwas - on 21 Jan 2013
So has anyone done it thinking of doing it soon as the vans are cheap compared to the vw equivalent and seem to be a great drive with fairly good reliability!!
Cuthbert on 21 Jan 2013
In reply to nodwas:

I have converted a Vivaro High roof, a traffic high roof (same van) and had a Vivaro low roof as a camper. Email me if you want any advice.
Caralynh - on 21 Jan 2013
In reply to nodwas:

I have a Vivaro conversion. Roof, bed, swivel seat, fridge freezer, hob and grill, sink with taps and loads of cupboard space. Nice tiled floor too. From what I can tell the interior space is better than a VW too.
Tony Simpson - on 21 Jan 2013
In reply to nodwas: I looked at doing this 2 years ago. Was wanting to spend 20-22k ish for van and full conversion with poptop.

I looked at all vans and nearly bought a pugeot and then a merc before I came back to a vw t5.

The reason I did not go with the others over a vw was just for one main reason. Resale value.

When converting anything other than a VW the vale depreciates fairly similar to a car, so straight away when picking it up I would have lost about 2 - 4 k looking at sim converted vans. 2 years down the road it would be somewhere around 10 k and worth less the 5 in 6-10 years depending on mileage.

Now looking at t5's I would have made money if sold straight away. 2 years still in equity and 10 years down the line still worth anywhere from 10-15k

That's the reason I bought VW but they are more expensive to run and maintain.

Hope that helps. T
Cuthbert on 21 Jan 2013
In reply to Tony Simpson:

Can you stand up in your van?
Jim Lancs - on 21 Jan 2013
Have had a Vivaro SWB, lowroof with a DIY conversion for 10 years and 120000 miles now. No problems at all. Still drives well.

Have VW t5 at work with 47000 miles and it is like an old crock in comparison.
nodwas - on 21 Jan 2013
In reply to nodwas: Cool good to hear some good feedback on them! Seems to be a few negative reviews after looking on google, gear box issues etc!

Thinking of getting the basics done by clear cut conversions in Barnstaple then making a few lockers etc myself!
What sort of heating systems have you used?
Caralynh - on 21 Jan 2013
In reply to nodwas:

Mine is at 126000 miles and first gearbox still.
Heating - didn't bother with a proper system after investigating options and costs. We use a 25 gas cartridge fire from HiTec with a carbon monoxide detector that has never given cause for alarm.
Cuthbert on 21 Jan 2013
In reply to nodwas:

I think the gearbox issues are exaggerated (touch wood1!). I've been hiring one out for over a year: http://www.albacampervans.com/en/campervans and had no problems.

I use propex heaters which are excellent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.