ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Defication at the Roaches

JimNich - on 21 Jan 2013
So.. after many years climbing and spending a lot of time in the Peak District I went back to the Roaches on Sunday 13th Jan to do some classic routes with a friend who is beginning to enjoy the great experience that is gritstone..The day was beautiful, the sun delightful set against a backdrop of glisten rock..Hen Cloud looked magnificent.. a collection of boulderers were launching themselves at the problems scattered beneath The Sloth.. my friend and I set off on Pedestal Route.. we laughed as we climbed..enjoying the moment, the chilled air was crisp as the sun began to drop down to the horizon.. I pulled over the top to think about the belay when...there in front of me.. to my wretching body and gagging reflex was the most disgusting dump of human excrement.. a pile of s^^t covered in a delicate coating of toilet paper.. Yes I couldn't believe that some disgusting, tatty Ba*****d had taken it upon themselves to deliver a dump on the stance.. Yes I know people dump in places..the Alps, the Himalayas and Stanage boulders!!! But never so close to the top of a route...a foot to the right of the exit point and in line with a key belay point... I spent the next 15 mins perched precariously over the dump with all the effort of belaying focussed on not dropping the rope in to the human waste..trying not to inhale...So if you know the tatty B*****d that soiled the rock and thought it was funny.. be it walker, climber or person of little brain.. please tell them that IT'S JUST NOT FUNNY!!! I hope something unpleasant happens to their being.. the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits or they gain a painful condition of PILES..
Ahh feel better..rant over..
Try to avoid the route for a while...the steaming poo may now be frozen.. however..worse still it may turn to slush..and the brown run off be confused for soil by anyone ascending unbeknowing of what lies above..
... not showing 44 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums