Culture Bunker forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Looking for a reference book on linguistics

pineapple - on 23 Jan 2013
I am a new English Literature student interested in learning more about grammar and also literary terms, conventions, concepts etc. This is partly to help me with my course, but mostly out of a personal interest.

I was wondering if any of you are interested in similar areas and can recommend a reliable, (reasonably) up-to-date, fairly in-depth (not really after dummy guides) reference book in this field?

I am more interested in grammar and also literature terms, definitions and concepts than I am in cultural and historical linguistics. However, if there is one book that covers everything to a reasonable degree then I would prefer that over single books which only focus on one aspect each.

If anyone has any tips or pointers for where I can start looking for such a book (if it evens exists), I would be extremely grateful.
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums