Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Mountain Leisure Perth, bad experience

dutybooty - on 24 Jan 2013
Two disclaimers: I'm not sure if this is in the right place so sorry if not.
I'm not a good writer, so this may not be very readable.

I placed an order with Mountain Leisure Perth on the 14th of January for two difficult to find items (Momentum Jacket, bergen pants). Because they were difficult to find, I rang up, and specifically asked someone who works there if they were in stock, they said they were and delivery dates we were looking at max 3-4 days. I thanked him and placed the order.

On the 16th I rang up to see how the order was going (I wanted them for the 18th). I was told that they were currently out of stock but this could be as my order had been dispatched and I would be phoned back later. I waited until 6pm (expecting them to be open). When I went to ring them back at 6pm, I realised that they had closed and not contacted me.

On the 17th I rang up, was told that they had been out of stock when I'd ordered them, no matter what I had been told and would have to wait indefinably for the items. I asked for a refund and was told this would have to be passed to the manager for authorisation.

They work 7 days a week. On the 18th; nothing. On the 19th, nothing. On the 20th and 21st nothing! So on the evening of the 21st I emailed asking again for a refund.

On the 22nd they sent me an automated email saying the order had been refunded.

It is now the 24th, nothing has arrived in the bank account I used to pay. I have tried ringing them three times to simply ask how long it takes for funds to clear their account as I understand it sometimes takes a few days, every time it has rung and rung, then sounded like the receiver being lifted off the hook and then left on the table.

I'm absolutely fuming about the service I received. And am getting frustrated for how to proceed when phonecalls are ignored and nothing seems to be happening.
... not showing 27 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums