UKC

Mountain Leisure Perth, bad experience

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dutybooty 24 Jan 2013
Two disclaimers: I'm not sure if this is in the right place so sorry if not.
I'm not a good writer, so this may not be very readable.

I placed an order with Mountain Leisure Perth on the 14th of January for two difficult to find items (Momentum Jacket, bergen pants). Because they were difficult to find, I rang up, and specifically asked someone who works there if they were in stock, they said they were and delivery dates we were looking at max 3-4 days. I thanked him and placed the order.

On the 16th I rang up to see how the order was going (I wanted them for the 18th). I was told that they were currently out of stock but this could be as my order had been dispatched and I would be phoned back later. I waited until 6pm (expecting them to be open). When I went to ring them back at 6pm, I realised that they had closed and not contacted me.

On the 17th I rang up, was told that they had been out of stock when I'd ordered them, no matter what I had been told and would have to wait indefinably for the items. I asked for a refund and was told this would have to be passed to the manager for authorisation.

They work 7 days a week. On the 18th; nothing. On the 19th, nothing. On the 20th and 21st nothing! So on the evening of the 21st I emailed asking again for a refund.

On the 22nd they sent me an automated email saying the order had been refunded.

It is now the 24th, nothing has arrived in the bank account I used to pay. I have tried ringing them three times to simply ask how long it takes for funds to clear their account as I understand it sometimes takes a few days, every time it has rung and rung, then sounded like the receiver being lifted off the hook and then left on the table.

I'm absolutely fuming about the service I received. And am getting frustrated for how to proceed when phonecalls are ignored and nothing seems to be happening.
 Andy Hardy 24 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: contact your bank/credit card company right now.
OP dutybooty 24 Jan 2013
In reply to 999thAndy: Not being unhelpful or ungrateful, but I don't understand why that would help?

If it was a credit card it would I understand as they are insured, but unfortunately I bought this on a debit card
 Milesy 24 Jan 2013
I think if your debit card is Visa debit etc you still have buyer protection under Visa T&Cs with which ever merchant (bank) issues the card.
OP dutybooty 24 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Thanks!
 elsewhere 24 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:
Look up "distance selling regulations", that might apply if you're arguing for a refund from Visa.
 andyb211 24 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Email them with the link to this page, link to their face book page and relate your story tweet it, get it linked in and include all the links in the email that generally gets small companies attention as bad publicity ain't good!
 davy_boy 24 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: does seem strange for them, there normally good to deal with but i do tend to just go into the shop.
TOS 24 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

Thanks for posting this - one shop for me to avoid in future.
 Darkskys 24 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: I had an issue with these a while back and got my back up whilst waiting for a tent to be delivered which took 3 weeks.
Aside from this I had a fantastic customer experience from them, they left me updates (voice messages) of delivery/availability status and offered to give me a refund etc.

If your waiting for the refund it takes between 3/10 days to be fully refunded.
 mataius 24 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

I had a very similar experience with them, in the end i threatened legal action and threw in a fair few insults... got my money back from a very sheepish (all be it utterly useless manager) very quickly. (although i paid with paypal, so had cover)

No one should ever shop with them. I know this doesn't help you now, but hope you get it sorted.
OP dutybooty 24 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: It's sort of nice to know that I'm not the only one who's had issues.

I definately won't be going anywhere near them in the future.

The only good thing about this whole mess was that I reordered off LB mountain centre I think it was called. They were incredible. Delayed their dispatch for me especially so I could get something next day. Text updates on delivery etc...incredible.

jonskippy 25 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Used to work there, that's normal for that place! The only thing I would suggest is talk to Alex in person for a refund, he'll cave if its face to face! The shop is fine to buy from if its in stock but I wouldn't order anything! Hope this helps!
 jonskippy 25 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Also that conner boy who works there is as part of a care in the community project!
 jonskippy 25 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: is part*
 Curly Rich 25 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Ordered my wifes xmas prezzie from them two weeks before xmas only to find out many days later it wasn't in stock, several emails and phone calls later i did get the refund. Won't be using them again. Distance selling regs do apply.
 neil9216 25 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

My dad had similar problems, he ordered a jacket online with them in the hope that it would be here for the weekend as we were heading to Lochnagar.
It had not arrived within the stated time and as we were passing by we popped in.
He asked about the jacket and was told it was dipastched.
He really wanted the jacket for the trip so the manager sugessted buying anothe jacket and just returning the one that was posted out.and they would refund it n problems.

Any way he then had the same problems you had, call after call and promise after promise but no refund,
I think in the end he had to go in person to the shop.
He got the refund eventually but it was not straight forward.

So if I were you just go in to the shop and meet them face to face.

hope you get it sorted soon

Neil

grady_9 25 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: what was meant by Connor being part of the community project ?
 drunken monkey 25 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Ordered a Rab jacket from them over the phone last year.

No problems at all, and very quick delivery.

Just my tuppance worth that they aint ALL bad.
 jonskippy 25 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: its a good scheme that helps those that are a bit more special than the rest of us, so that is some good that comes from the shop!
 robmack 25 Jan 2013
In reply to grady_9:
Does that guy with the Rick James hair still work these?
 jonskippy 26 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: no he's not there anymore, think the shop has gone down hill since then! Do you remember a guy who worked there, went by the name of the half dome?heard he's in jail now!
Jack Mumford 26 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: It's with deep regret to read negative comments like this, however we can only apologise for this bad customer service as customer service is something we strive on and always try to keep to a hgh standard, both online and in the store. We would like to reassure customers that something like this won't happen again, and that this customer has now been fully refunded. We have had an exceptionally busy growth period over the last six months. But we would like to assure customers that we have invested in new staff, better computer systems and larger stock holdings on best-selling items, to make sure that we can keep up with the growth of business that we have recieved. If any customer is unsure and wants to call us please feel free to email or phone:
email: sales@mountainleisureperth.com
phone: 01738632368

MLP
 jonskippy 26 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: it not the staff that has ever been the problem with the shop, I'd be very doubtful if anything has changed! The staff where excellent when I was there and the always did there best with what they had to work with! Though saying that I would hate to see the shop close down and hope people still buy from there!
 jonskippy 26 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty: and always*, sorry on my phone!
 Rock Badger 26 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty has always been a great local shop for me, with helpful staff, good shop i say
OP dutybooty 26 Jan 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

Just to update. Refund was sent yesterday by bank transfer as refunding my card didn't seem to be working, and was received in my bank account first thing this morning.

Possibly I was over harsh and they weren't trying to get away from refunding, but were genuinely having problems.

The intial situation however still annoys me slightly.
 Yourlead 30 Jan 2013
In reply to jonskippy: I am a regular shopper at the shop and know the guys very well and can only say that I have had a good service and enjoy the crack when I go in. Having said that I would strongly recommend that you refrain from using personal attacks on people which does you no credit. It is very easy to say such things hiding behind the internet and suggest that you think before posting. Callum Horne

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...